Who doesn’t love deliciously baked cookies? Honey-Rosemary shortbread cookies is one of those few snacks for which both children and adults have common likings. You don’t need to keep always buying readymade cookies from the market as you can make more delicious ones by yourself. With our recipe for honey-rosemary shortbread cookies, you can be sure that you are not compromising in either the quality of the ingredients, or in the flavour of your snack.
Treat your friends and family with the fresh cookies you just baked and enjoy moments of relaxation accompanied with refreshing herbal or other type of beverages. The recipe is simple and involves ingredients which are readily available in your kitchen.
Here, we have broken down the steps to help you grab the process:
- 2 cups Flour: Two cups of flour will be enough to prepare a couple of dozen cookies.
- 2/3 cup Sugar: Sugar should be added according to your taste.
However, standard recipe demands you to add 2/3 cups for 2 cups of flour (you can also use brown sugar or stevia instead).
- 2 teaspoons of FYSIS Rosemary.
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt.
- 3/4 cup Butter: Use unsalted butter to mix the ingredients into a dough.
- 3 tablespoons Honey: Honey adds to the flavor and texture of the cookies. It could be added according to taste but the standard is 3 tablespoons.
The process involves mixing the ingredients and baking them in the oven at 170 °C (325 °F) for almost 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 170 °C (325 °F).
- Place all ingredients (flour, sugar, rosemary and salt) in a bowl and mix them.
- Add butter to the mixture and mix it thoroughly. Use your hands for the purpose and mix until all the butter becomes part of the dough.
- Add honey and mix it using a spoon.
- Once all the ingredients are mixed in the bowl, knead to convert it into a dough.
- After good kneading, let it cool down for 30 minutes. This helps the dough stiff a bit allowing you to shape and design the cookies more easily.
- Sprinkle flour on a surface and roll small pieces of dough on it (if you don’t sprinkle flour then the dough will stick to the surface).
- Cut the rolled dough into desired shapes using cutters.
- Place the cuts on a cookie sheet (you don’t need to grease the sheet as cookies won’t stick to it).
- Bake for 15 minutes and let the cookies cool.
Once cooled down, you can enjoy freshly baked, brown colored, delicious cookies.
Benefits of Honey-Rosemary shortbread Cookies
Honey rosemary shortbread cookies bring a lot of benefits with them. Some of them are:
- Health Benefits: These cookies are rich in vital elements which are essential for your health.
- Easy to cook: The whole process takes less than an hour. Moreover, no special training or skills are required to prepare them.
- Good Shelf Life: Honey-rosemary cookies have a long shelf life, of around 20 days.
FYSIS is determined to bring a lot of appetizing recipes to its customers. Keep following us for learning our news, and discovering new recipes of the Mediterranean cuisine!