The Origin of Ladenia
Ladenia is a local taste of the famous island of Kimolos, which is located in the Aegean Sea and we are happy that we we are able to present you a healthy pizza recipe. The island is famous for its scenic views that features traditional villages, whitewashed cobbled streets, windmills, natural harbours and dozens of fishing boats. It serves as the perfect getaway for people who wish to enjoy some moments of tranquility and silence. Every food item you find there, will reflect the traditional cultures of Greece. There are numerous taverns there that serve a special kind of pizza called Ladenia (in Greek it is written as “Λαδένια”).
|The Ingredients for Bread Dough||The Ingredients for “Unique” Topping|
- Warm one cup of water and add sugar, yeast and let it cool for 10 minutes. This activates the yeast.
- Add the 2 tablespoons of salt and olive oil to the flour and combine this properly. You can add the yeast mixture and mix the dough. To make it smooth, you will have to knead it for 15 minutes.
- Spread some of the olive oil on your baking pan and here you can sprinkle some corn flour to avoid the dough from sticking to the base.
- Grab some of the dough, roll it the size you wish and allow it to rise (about 1-2 hours) in a warm place.
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C.
- Now spread the toppings, sliced onions, salt, tomatoes, dry oregano and black pepper. Once you have added the ingredients according to your preference, bake the pizza for 45 minutes or until the edges turn out golden brown. Once the pizza is ready, the onions and tomatoes will also appear slightly goldish.
- Remove it from the oven and finally serve it as a meal or snack.
Ladenia is ready for you to enjoy!
We in FYSIS believe that Ladenia is the perfect kind of pizza you can enjoy at the backyard of your home with your friends and family. It could serve as the ideal snack after a nice BBQ party, or you can use it to add a Mediterranean touch to your gatherings. It is light, delicious, summery and fully loaded with Greek flavors! A healthy pizza recipe that will make your kids happy and will keep them away from harmful cold cuts.