Lemon Balm Cake
Food is not only a need or pleasure, but at the same time a special way of communication. Therefore, driven by the need to be next to you, we select and share outstanding culinary creations as the extremely tasty Lemon Balm Cake shown below..
FYSIS’s team proposes a fluffy sponge cake with lemon balm flavour!
The recipe we present, hides an aspect of our favourite herb possibly unknown to many of you: lemon balm as a key ingredient for cakes! The lemon-like flavour and intense aroma of lemon balm will not disappoint even the most demanding palate. The recipe is simple, easy and requires less than one hour of your time. Most importantly, a slice of cake can keep you company all day, from your morning coffee to your afternoon dessert.
You only need:
- 1 tablespoon οf dried and grated lemon balm (add extra for more intense flavor)
- 2 cups of flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1/3 cup of yogurt mixed with 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup of stevia (adjust the amount depending on your preferences)
- Preheat the oven to 170 ° C.
- Mix the yogurt with the water and put aside.
- Stir the lemon balm with stevia.
- Stir together with the flour, the salt and baking powder. Leave it aside.
- Mix together the lemon balm, stevia and olive oil. Add the eggs one at a time and stir everything together.
- Put together the solid with the fluid ingredients. (this includes all the above except yogurt and water)
- Add the lemon juice and stir.
- Then add the yogurt and water and stir thoroughly.
- Transfer the mixture into a cake tin and place it in the oven.
- The baking time is about 25-30 minutes. The top of the cake should be slightly browned.
- Pierce the cake to see if it is well cooked.
- Allow to cool before slicing.