Grilled Vegetable Platter: Grilled Asparagus, Carrots and Yellow Summer Squash with Oregano
As our parents were always saying to us when we were kids, vegetables are great for one’s health. However, many people are not used to eating them. Nevertheless, delicious dishes can be created using grilled vegetables, that can get even better when combined with dried herbs. Grilling brings out the flavour of vegetables while herbs add their own vibrant taste and aroma to the dish.
Oregano can be used in creative ways with vegetables to make a healthy and delicious meal at the same time. In this blog, we will be introducing a grilled vegetable platter garnished with organic FYSIS oregano.
Grilled Vegetable Platter Recipe
The grilled vegetable platter is a combination of yellow summer squash, asparagus, red pepper and carrots, enriched by the unique flavor of FYSIS oregano.
Ingredients – 6 servings.
- Olive Oil – 1/4 cup
- Honey – 2 tablespoons
- Balsamic Vinegar – 4 teaspoons
- FYSIS Oregano – 1 teaspoon
- Garlic Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Pepper – 1/8 teaspoon
- Salt – just a dash
- Fresh Asparagus – 450gr (1 pound) and trimmed
- Small Carrots – 3 and cut in half lengthwise
- Sweet Red Pepper – 1 large size and cut into 1-inch strips
- Yellow Summer Squash – 1 medium size and cut into 1/2- inch slices
- Red Onion – 1 medium size and cut into wedges
- Take a small bowl and mix the first seven ingredients together (this will be your marinade). Put 3 tablespoons of it into a large plastic resealable bag (make sure that you respect the environment with reusable and recyclable bags). Add the vegetables into it and then seal the bag. Turn the bag, so that the vegetables are well coated in the marinade. Marinade the vegetables for one and a half hour at room temperature.
- Next, transfer the vegetables to a grilling grid and place the grid on the grilling rack. Grill the vegetables while covered and over a medium heat. Grill for 8 to 12 minutes until they become crispy and tender. Turn the vegetables occasionally while grilling.
- Finally, place the vegetables on a large serving plate and use the remaining marinade for drizzling over them.
Note: In case you don’t have a grilling grid, you can make use of a disposable foil pan. You can poke holes at the bottom of the pan with a meat fork so that the liquid could drain
So why don’t you try making this recipe suggested by FYSIS? We consider this dish quite appetising and a must for both those who like cooking vegetables and those who love herbs!